I'm calling this project µBlog. Written in Perl, with a MySQL database on the back-end, and cascading style sheets (CSS) controlling the looks, microblog is exactly what the name implies. It's a stripped-down version of a blogging system something that dreams of being LiveJournal when it grows up. My plan is to use it internally at work for departmental blogs.
This is the planned feature list, with the cross-outs the items I got through today
|Post Actions||Read Actions||Admin Actions||User Actions|
|Add blog||Change password|
|Edig blog||User pics|
| ||Add user|| |
| ||Delete user|| |
| ||Comments||Change password|| |
| ||Chaining (1st <> last)||Assign permissions|| |
As you can see, I got a lot done, but there's still a lot to do. Right now I'm doing all of the admin tasks directly on the database (connecting using MS Access via ODBC). A little experience (and some SQL) goes a long way: this is so much easier than the last time I tried something like this back in '99.