This past weekend I dusted off a small, ultra-lightweight blogging engine I wrote a couple of years back -- µBlog. It didn't fly at work -- no real interest. But I thought that it could work for GPIP. So, my home-brew blog system is now out in public working as a tiny (hopefully user friendly) content management / blog system. I haven't converted all of the project pages yet, but the active ones are done and the rest will come in time.
The code is Perl and the back-end db is MySQL. Hopefully I did a sufficiently competent job that the app won't get hacked. And, hopefully, my fellow GPIP project people won't find the microblog UI (modeled on LJ) too much to handle.